Treated by board-certified psychiatric specialists, credentialed psychiatric nurse practitioners, and licensed clinicians
The #1 Christian mental health program in the United States
World-class amenities in a safe setting
24/7 behavioral health treatment services
Christian Mental Health Facilities
Honey Lake Clinic offers Bible-based, psychological care by licensed
experts in scenic, world-class accommodations. Our specialized inpatient
treatment facility helps those struggling with addictions or psychological
issues reclaim their lives and achieve their God-given potential.
Mental Health Issues That We Treat
Meet Our Mental Health Professionals
A highly professional and experienced psychotherapist team comprising licensed
therapists, psychologists, and psychiatrists. Practical focus for teaching you how
to slow your mind and regain control of your thoughts, emotions, and decisions
Dr. Karl Benzio
Dr. Karl Benzio is the founder and director of Lighthouse Network and a Christian psychiatrist at Lighthouse Psychiatry.
Dr. David Hoskins
David Hoskins is a Certified Sex Addiction Therapist as well as former owner and CEO of a successful detox and addiction facility.
Hear What Our Patients Love About Honey Lake Clinic
“My story has a purpose and a plan throughout all this pain.” This is the hope within Tayte’s story of healing.
Steve shares his Honey Lake Clinic story and his powerful testimony of finding his identity in Christ.
Sophia shares what made her Honey Lake Clinic stay so impactful in her life.
Honey Lake Uniqueness
The Honey Lake Clinic Difference
While our highly structured healing community represents a microcosm of the larger society and family system, we also provide a safe, supportive environment where you can address the dynamics of your struggles.
A Faith-Informed Treatment Model
Integrating this spiritual component, using a specifically Christian worldview to better inform the psychological and physiological spheres, you will be able to explore and engage your faith in discovering renewed purpose, peace, joy, love and fulfillment. We are the #1 Christian depression treatment center in the USA.
Multidisciplinary Treatment Team
Our experienced staff, licensed therapists, psychologists, and psychiatric specialists will work together to create an individualized treatment plan for you. Our holistic approach to Christian mental health treatment is the best amongst all treatment centers.
Innovative Therapeutic Programs
You will have the opportunity to benefit from our state-of-the-art neuroscience/brain-mapping technology, EMDR, Equine-Assisted therapy, Art therapy, Dance therapy, massage therapy, and more.
A Healing Environment
Christian Mental Health Programs
Equine Program is proven effective in helping clients develop accountability, responsibility, self-confidence and problem-solving ability.
9.4% of America's population has Addiction in a given year. If you or someone you love has an Addiction and you don’t know where to turn, we can help.
Battling with addiction and mental health issues? Our specialized treatment and expert care will help you reclaim your life.
Choose a life that's free from anxiety, stress, and depression. We can help you overcome your psychological struggle with the right treatment.
Neuroscience focuses on the brain and its impact on behavior and cognitive functions, or in other words, how we think.
We Accept Most Major Insurances
We know that the cost of accessing professional treatment from licensed clinicians is significant, and some cannot afford these life-impacting services. At times, depending on our donors and availability, we are able to provide some scholarships to reduce an individual’s out-of-pocket expense. Please do inquire when you make your initial call to Honey Lake Clinic.
Also, if you are a part of a local church community, they might be able to provide some scholarship money to help lessen your cost. You can ask them to call us and we will explain our program and how their support could be a powerful blessing in your spiritual and psychological growth.
During the Detoxification and Residential levels of care you will be housed in our inpatient housing. At these levels of care you may only leave the campus with the permission of the treatment team to address urgent health needs decided on a case by case basis. For outpatient partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient you will be residing in offsite recovery residences and will be able to come and go for treatment at Honey Lake.
The unique bio-psycho-spiritual program at Honey Lake Clinic will help anyone who is motivated to grow. So no, you do not have to be a Christian to be admitted to our Christian mental health facility and receive our intensive treatment services. We help people from all religious backgrounds move forward, grow spiritually and psychologically, and improve their brain chemistry.
We are strong believers that the truth will set you free, the ultimate truth is Jesus Christ, and that the Bible is the only source of absolute truths to guide our decisions and life management. All of our treatment is delivered from a Christian worldview, openly and thoroughly infusing Jesus Christ and the triune God of the Bible into all aspects of therapy.
To maximize your treatment experience as well as the experience for all our patients, if you do not share our Christian beliefs and worldview:
- We ask that you are not argumentative about spiritual concepts when they are being taught during the group and educational sessions. If you have questions or concerns, we are certainly willing to discuss them in your individual sessions and outside of group time so that it doesn’t disrupt the treatment process for those who have chosen Honey Lake Clinic specifically for our Christian environment and content.
- Your healing and well-being is very important to us. We want you to have a treatment experience that allows you to put all your energy towards your healing. We don’t want our Christian philosophy, content, and practices to be uncomfortable or interfere with your healing process. To find your best match, we request that you let our team know what your faith is when you call so that we can determine if Honey Lake Clinic is the best fit for you. If not, we do work with other treatment facilities that might be more comfortable for you.
Your dignity and privacy are key to us at Honey Lake Clinic. Several principles guide us in this area:
- Confidentiality is our obligation. As licensed behavioral health care professionals, we are mandated by HIPAA laws to comply with the highest standards of confidentiality to ensure the privacy of each of our patients. We run the risk of incurring significant fines if we breach confidentiality without proper cause.
- Beyond the laws of our land, our Christian faith compels us to maintain relational integrity and uphold the covenants that we enter into with you as we strive to honor God and others.
- As health care professionals, we have many years of experience in dealing with very sensitive, private, and delicate information. We take oaths, such as the Hippocratic Oath, to ethically maintain confidentiality unless acute safety is at risk.
At Honey Lake Clinic, a strong system is in place to ensure the health of all of our patients. During our admissions process, every prospective Honey Lake Clinic patient receives a thorough medical examination. Individuals who meet risk factors for any infectious disease, including Coronavirus, are identified. As COVID-19 testing kits become available, we will utilize them. Until then, anyone who meets risk factors, presents symptoms of illness, or is suspected of being ill, will be sent for proper medical care and clearance before they can be admitted to our program. Honey Lake Clinic utilizes hospital grade disinfectants and protocols to ensure our living spaces and treatment spaces meet the very highest sanitary standards. Honey Lake Clinic is the safest place to be.
The risk for exposure to Covid-19 in the US is very low at this time. More information on prevention and treatment of the coronavirus can be obtained on the CDC website.
Do YOUR Part—
The CDC advises that people follow these tips to help prevent respiratory illnesses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick with respiratory symptoms.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- If you have not already done so, discuss influenza vaccination with your health care provider to help protect you against seasonal influenza.
Licenses and Accreditation