Too many people treat obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) as a joke. They might say they’re “so OCD” because they like to keep an organized room. But if you suffer from OCD yourself, you know it’s nothing to joke about. Fortunately, mental health treatment programs can help you manage the symptoms and reclaim your life.
If you are struggling with OCD or think you may be, there is hope. Contact the OCD treatment program team at Honey Lake Clinic by calling 888.428.0562 today.
How OCD Works in the Mind
OCD is a mental health condition featuring repeated, unwanted thoughts (obsessions) or certain repetitive behaviors you feel compelled to do (compulsions). The obsessions and compulsions can become so overwhelming that they get in the way of your everyday life.
Obsessions and compulsions can look different from person to person. Here are some common examples of obsessions:
- Intense doubts about whether you’ve locked the door, turned off a burner, etc.
- Extreme stress if things in your environment aren’t arranged in a particular way
- Repeated thoughts of acting outside of social norms (like yelling obscenities)
- Fear that you might suddenly attack or harm someone
- Extreme fear of uncertainty
- Fear of contamination
Many people who suffer from OCD also have compulsions. Here are a few examples:
- Repeatedly checking to make sure you’ve locked doors, closed windows, etc.
- Washing your hands until they’re red or raw
- Counting over and over in a particular way
- Having a certain word or phrase that you silently repeat
- Meticulously arranging things so they sit in a particular way
If these symptoms sound familiar, you might benefit from an OCD treatment program. At an OCD treatment center, you can start to understand your OCD better, develop useful coping skills, and ultimately start your journey toward a brighter, happier future.
How Christian OCD Treatment Can Help You
At Honey Lake Clinic’s OCD treatment center, we’re proud to offer Christian mental health treatment to patients who want to heal in a Christ-centered environment.
In addition to spiritual counseling, Bible study, and the powerful worship of our Sunday morning service, we also offer a range of therapies to help you resolve past traumas and better manage the present. These therapies include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Attachment therapy
- Rapid resolution therapy
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing therapy (EMDR)
- Cognitive processing therapy
These individual and group therapy sessions are spiritually integrated, meaning the power of your faith works in tandem with modern therapeutic techniques.
Our Treatment Options
We also believe that to truly better our patient’s lives, we need to take a holistic approach to healing. In addition to our faith-focused and mental health-focused offerings, we have several other activities to help you find serenity during your time in Christian OCD treatment. They include:
- Equine therapy
- Art therapy
- Group wellness classes
- Various types of process groups
- Individual nutrition counseling
- Individual personal training
Lastly, we believe that being surrounded by the wonder of God’s creation has profound therapeutic effects. That’s why we have scenic, lakeside accommodations for all our patients. If you’re looking for faith-based OCD treatment in Florida in a resort-like setting, we’re waiting for you.
We understand that not all of our patients can be with us in person. Florida residents can schedule outpatient teletherapy appointments with our on-campus staff. If you’re an out-of-state resident, we can help you schedule teletherapy appointments with a provider in our Partner Community.
Change Your Life at Honey Lake Clinic
A better life starts with quality OCD treatment in Florida. At our faith-based residential program, you’ll be mentally, physically, and spiritually nurtured as you grow in the community and discover new ways to manage symptoms. Ready to reclaim your story? Call 888.428.0562 and talk to a Honey Lake Clinic admissions counselor today.