Have questions about Honey Lake Clinic?
Here’s all the information that you need.
Have questions about Honey Lake Clinic? Here’s all the information that you need.
We know that the cost of accessing professional treatment from licensed clinicians is significant, and some cannot afford these life-impacting services. At times, depending on our donors and availability, we are able to provide some scholarships to reduce an individual’s out-of-pocket expense. Please do inquire when you make your initial call to Honey Lake Clinic.
Also, if you are a part of a local church community, they might be able to provide some scholarship money to help lessen your cost. You can ask them to call us and we will explain our program and how their support could be a powerful blessing in your spiritual and psychological growth.
The nature and intensity of the treatment we provide at Honey Lake Clinic make it necessary for all patients to stay at the on-site facilities for the duration of their treatment. Once you voluntarily sign in and are physical admitted to Honey Lake Clinic, you are under our supervision until you sign out and are discharged.
While admitted, patients may only leave the campus with permission from their treatment team to address other urgent health needs. The terms of these permissions will be decided on a case-by-case basis.
The unique bio-psycho-spiritual program at Honey Lake Clinic will help anyone who is motivated to grow. So no, you do not have to be a Christian to be admitted to our Christian mental health facility and receive our intensive treatment services. We help people from all religious backgrounds move forward, grow spiritually and psychologically, and improve their brain chemistry.
We are strong believers that the truth will set you free, the ultimate truth is Jesus Christ, and that the Bible is the only source of absolute truths to guide our decisions and life management. All of our treatment is delivered from a Christian worldview, openly and thoroughly infusing Jesus Christ and the triune God of the Bible into all aspects of therapy.
To maximize your treatment experience as well as the experience for all our patients, if you do not share our Christian beliefs and worldview:
- We ask that you are not argumentative about spiritual concepts when they are being taught during the group and educational sessions. If you have questions or concerns, we are certainly willing to discuss them in your individual sessions and outside of group time so that it doesn’t disrupt the treatment process for those who have chosen Honey Lake Clinic specifically for our Christian environment and content.
- Your healing and well-being is very important to us. We want you to have a treatment experience that allows you to put all your energy towards your healing. We don’t want our Christian philosophy, content, and practices to be uncomfortable or interfere with your healing process. To find your best match, we request that you let our team know what your faith is when you call so that we can determine if Honey Lake Clinic is the best fit for you. If not, we do work with other treatment facilities that might be more comfortable for you.
Your dignity and privacy are key to us at Honey Lake Clinic. Several principles guide us in this area:
- Confidentiality is our obligation. As licensed behavioral health care professionals, we are mandated by HIPAA laws to comply with the highest standards of confidentiality to ensure the privacy of each of our patients. We run the risk of incurring significant fines if we breach confidentiality without proper cause.
- Beyond the laws of our land, our Christian faith compels us to maintain relational integrity and uphold the covenants that we enter into with you as we strive to honor God and others.
- As health care professionals, we have many years of experience in dealing with very sensitive, private, and delicate information. We take oaths, such as the Hippocratic Oath, to ethically maintain confidentiality unless acute safety is at risk.
Honey Lake Clinic is a non-profit organization (501c3,) created to glorify God, in the name of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, through the psychological and spiritual renewal of each individual to achieve their God-given potential and live fully transformed lives of joy, peace, forgiveness, freedom, meaning, purpose, and fulfillment through world-class Christian Mental Health and Substance Abuse treatment.
No, we are a Bible-believing, Christ-centered, and non-denominational ministry.
This is our Doctrinal Statement:
- We believe the Bible to be inspired and the only infallible and authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through the shedding of His blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that the salvation of the lost and sinful man is by God’s grace through one’s faith in Christ alone and Christ’s atoning death for our sins. Only this can reconcile us to God the Father.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those who are saved unto eternal reconciliation with God and those that are lost unto eternal damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
All meals and snacks are provided. A healthy diet is a critical component of spirit, mind, and body. Caffeine, bleached flours and sugary soda will be severely restricted. A large part of our produce is organic coming from our own garden. We provide gluten-free, vegetarian and protein-intensive diets.
Patients are responsible for removing their bedding and making their beds twice a week, on Sundays and Thursdays. Your room will be cleaned by housekeeping staff weekly. However, patients are responsible for keeping their rooms tidy and organized.
Honey Lake Clinic is a licensed residential treatment facility providing intensive therapy to help you overcome struggles that interfere with and hinder your functioning. For your safety and the safety of other patients at Honey Lake Clinic, you will be required to stay on campus throughout your stay.
A vehicle will not be necessary on campus. If you do drive here, you can park the car on campus. Upon checking in, you will need to give your keys to us for safekeeping and will receive them when discharged.
Since you will be staying on the Honey Lake Clinic campus for the duration of your treatment, there will be no need to pursue off-site activities. However, should your visiting family members and friends wish to go out for activities while they are in the area, our operations director will be happy to provide them with a map and other options for activities that they can pursue.
During the pre-admission process, a detailed list of items to bring and items to leave at home will be provided to you and reviewed by the admissions coordinator. But here is an overview of what to expect:
Florida is warm most of the year as days in the winter are at least 50°F and, usually, over 60°F. Casual, comfortable clothing such as jeans, shorts, and T-shirts should be perfect. You might also want to bring a light hoodie or jacket in the late fall and early spring months. In the winter, the nights can get around 40°F, so a heavier jacket might be required.
Honey Lake Clinic has a beautiful campus so walking to various activities will be common. Bring good walking shoes, sneakers for the gym, and sandals. No high heels, please.
We will go to a small church on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings, where attire is casual. You can wear whatever you are comfortable in or used to.
We do have a pool, sauna, hot tub, and a gym, so workout/exercise clothes and a bathing suit are important.
As Christian men and women, we want to honor God and each other in how we present ourselves, including with our clothes. Please avoid wearing clothes that are too short, revealing, tight, have vulgar or disrespectful language or graphics, or glorify alcohol or drugs.
Honey Lake Clinic has a complete state-of-the-art fitness center that includes the latest aerobic and anaerobic equipment.
No, you don’t need to bring cash with you. However, if you do, it will be kept in the safe. You may need a credit or debit card if you are planning to schedule your return trip home from Honey Lake Clinic, or are a self-payer who needs to be able to purchase medication.
There are washers/ dryers available to do personal laundry and detergent is provided. So you will only need to bring clothes for a week.
Please bring everything that you will need for a 30-day stay, just as if you were going on vacation. However, please note that we won’t allow you any products in aerosol cans or any that contain alcohol.
Our treatment program is a minimum of 30 days, however, our average length of stay is 41 days. 80% of our patients stay longer than initially planned. We believe this is due to improvement and understanding that they are receiving appropriate treatment.
One of the practices that we perform in compliance with benchmark industry standards is a search of all patients and their belongings upon arrival. Honey Lake Clinic seeks to be a best-in-class facility and, as such, we need to have a full awareness of all items that are brought onto the campus by our patients.
We will perform the searches during the intake process. Your luggage will be searched in one room by a technician while you will be accompanied into the restroom by a nurse of your gender to be searched. You will be asked to disrobe. The nurse will not touch you, but will need to observe you to ensure that you are not bringing in anything that is potentially harmful to you or to others. If you have no contraband under your clothes, this will last only a couple seconds.
We apologize for this inconvenience and intrusion, but hope that you understand our need to be good stewards and protect those who are coming here for healing in a secure, safe, and trusting environment.
No one will know of your stay and treatment at Honey Lake Clinic except for the following possibilities:
- People you tell.
- People you give us written permission to talk to.
- Your insurance company if you want us to pursue their support in financing the costs of your treatment. We retain an outside Utilization Review team who presents components of your treatment to your insurance company to show them that your treatment is needed – so that they will be more likely to pay according to your policy.
- In the event of a medical or psychiatric emergency rendering you unconscious, confused, and unable to give clear information, we might need to contact people who know you for information or other emergency personnel to urgently help and treat you.
- Each state has laws designed for your safety and the safety of others. They mandate us to inform emergency personnel under the following circumstances:
- If you are an acute physical risk to seriously harm yourself,
- If you are an acute physical risk to seriously harm others,
- If an acute psychiatric condition has caused you to be unable to provide your own food, clothing, shelter, and physical safety,
- If you are endangering the health and welfare of a minor,
- If you are endangering the health and welfare of an older or disabled adult in your care.
Yes, we will have visitation times on the weekends, so check with the nursing station for the schedule.
Yes, Honey Lake Clinic allows our patients to bring their electronic devices with them to the clinic to be able to keep in touch with family and friends and handle any work-related items.
As most electronics have cameras or recording devices, it is our responsibility at Honey Lake Clinic to uphold the HIPAA laws and guarantee each individual complete privacy and safety while at our facility. Patients may only use their electronic devices during free time and in their room.
Prior to admission, each patient will sign a contract acknowledging and agreeing to this electronics policy.
Yes, we can share our insights, experience, and expertise to evaluate and facilitate the next stages of your ministerial journey with those whom God has put in your life to spearhead that process with you.
Towards the end of your stay here, we will help facilitate your re-engagement process with your family, church, and therapist.
This will be customized for each individual but could include a therapist, psychiatrist, marriage therapist, pastoral coach, recovery meeting, home church, or any other support that is needed or recommended by your treatment team.
After you leave, you can continue to read and be blessed by the Stepping Stones Daily Devotional written by our Medical Director, Dr. Karl Benzio, as well as other life growth resources on our website.
Yes, our Medical Director, Dr. Karl Benzio, will be your psychiatrist. He will evaluate you shortly after your admission and see you weekly to share his expertise and manage any medications that you might be taking. His unique spirit, mind, and body treatment philosophy is evident throughout our Honey Lake Clinic program and he will help you absorb God’s healing to renew your brain chemistry in a lasting way.
Yes, with your written permission, we will communicate information to help facilitate the next steps of you transformational care.
Unlike most programs that have 10 to 12 patients in a group, with each patient receiving one individual session per week, Honey Lake Clinic has a maximum of 6 to 7 patients in a group, with each patient receiving three individual sessions per week.
Honey Lake Clinic’s desire and philosophy is to bring God’s grace, comfort, and healing in all we do. So depending on what you are withdrawing or detoxing from, we will provide basic over-the-counter remedies to help with the various uncomfortable withdrawal/detox symptoms. This could be antihistamines to help sleep, decongestants for runny nose, laxative for constipation, pain meds for headache or other aches, as well as meds for nausea, diarrhoea, tremors, and chills. Taking the next step, we also will provide some prescription meds for restless legs, more severe insomnia, agitation, anxiety, irrational thinking, nightmares, tremors, or psychoses. For opioid, alcohol, or benzodiazepine withdrawal/detox, we use even a higher level of medication to help reduce the pain and suffering you have, while also trying to avoid you getting addicted to something else. We use 2 assessment tools to gauge your level of withdrawal, and then add in the medications that help you get thru that 3-10 days of discomfort some experience when transitioning from bondage to a substance to physical freedom. Then we will help you work on the psychological and spiritual freedom to equip you to be a conqueror and love a victorious life.
No, Honey Lake Clinic only accepts people ages 18 and older.
At Honey Lake Clinic, we accept patients ages 18-80.