Is There a Cure for Depression?
Is depression keeping you from a happy, motivated and healthy life? It doesn’t have to anymore.
If you are experiencing symptoms of clinical depression, you are not alone. Depression doesn’t discriminate. It affects people of all ages, including children, and people of all cultural and religious backgrounds. Billions suffer around the world today.
Unfortunately, many who suffer never seek an official diagnosis or receive treatment. Is this you?
Left untreated, depression can become a very serious health condition. According to the World Health Organization, depression is the leading cause of disability worldwide, and the 2nd leading cause of death for people between the ages of 15-29.
You should take depression very seriously. You should take treatment seriously, too. And here’s why—your depression can be successfully treated.
Depression is a tricky beast. Just as every individual is unique, every experience of depression is somewhat unique, the result of different body chemistry, biology, genetic factors, a broad array of symptoms experienced over different lengths of time, and more. And there are a variety of forms of depression, ranging from relatively mild episodes to severe chronic cases.
As many variants as there are, there is not one simple cure-all answer. But there is reason to be encouraged! Many who suffer are cured.
You’re probably familiar with depression’s signs and symptoms. Here’s a short summary—How many of these represent your experience?
- Trouble concentrating, remembering details, and making decisions
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, and helplessness
- Pessimism and hopelessness
- Insomnia, early-morning wakefulness, or sleeping too much
- Loss of interest in things once pleasurable, including sex
- Overeating, or appetite loss
- Aches, pains, headaches, or cramps that won’t go away
- Digestive problems that don’t get better, even with treatment
- Persistent sad, anxious, or empty feelings
- Suicidal thoughts or attempts
Don’t let these struggles define you. We can help get you on your way to renewed health and happiness, today.
At Honey Lake Clinic, our experienced doctors, therapists and staff combine their Christian faith with sound psychological principles to bring healing and transformation to each client we serve.
Our team recognizes that faith-based treatment, which encompasses your physical, mental and spiritual health, will provide you with the long-lasting tools and knowledge to loosen depression’s hold on your life.
- each person is uniquely created, having 3 spheres, body, mind, and spirit
- these 3 spheres dynamically intertwine, affecting each other, and determining our inner psychological functioning, processing and response to the world around us
Many treatment programs only address one or two of these spheres. Our program is designed to be truly holistic in looking, with depth, at all 3 spheres—going beyond the traditional forms of treatment.
Focusing on all of you—body, mind and spirit—the symptoms of your depression can be alleviated with medication, allowing you to focus on other aspects of your treatment, attaining the psychological and spiritual skills which will enable you to live your life beyond depression.
Let us help you understand what you’re dealing with and find a cure … your cure.
The individualized treatment, experienced staff, and tranquil environment at Honey Lake Clinic will help you take control of your life and discover happiness and wholeness again.